Services We Provide
brief examples of financial advisory services provided by S.B.
Engagements can be structured on a retainer,
specific-fee-for-service, hourly basis, or any combination of
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of services, as
each client's needs and situation are unique.
Financing Transaction Support Services
Supports and advises an issuer during the preparation and
execution of a specific financing transaction.
- Evaluating financing feasibility, private versus public
offering formats, and negotiated versus competitively bid pricing
- Developing the timetable of events and managing, as requested,
the closing process.
- Rating agency presentations and legal document review for
business points and financing structure accuracy.
- Independent verification of market conditions and preparing
Proforma Financial Feasibility Studies for Development and
Assists housing authorities and affordable developers in
determining appropriate financing types for new developments or
acquisitions, or refinancing existing developments to rehabilitate
This may include:
- Discussion regarding 4% and 9% low income housing tax credits
- New markets and historic tax credits (NMTC/HTC), and
- Private activity bonds (PAB), HOPE VI projects, investment
grade tax-free bonds, bank qualified bonds, line of credit
(mezzanine), and other appropriate financing.
Tax Credit Support Services
The firm has wide experience preparing applications, plans of
finance, and implementing and transaction structures for:
- Low income housing tax credits (LIHTC),
- New markets tax credits (NMTC),
- Historic tax credits (HTC), and
- Investment tax credits (ITC), including energy credits.
Interest Rate Swaps, Caps, and Collars
Advises clients regarding these derivative applications,
providing risk assessment, pricing verification, and, as requested,
competitive bidding processes.
HUD Capital Funds and Mixed Finance
Works with housing authorities to provide appropriate actionable
understanding of options around HUD financing intrecacies
- HUD disposition/demolition,
- Mixed finance combining public housing capital funds in LIHTC
- Securitization of HUD public housing capital funds (also called
capital funds financing) to forward-fund needed capital
Other Service Examples
- Debt capacity analysis review of a client's debt
capacity, typically employing a comparison analysis to published
rating agency medians,
- Letter of credit or liquidity facility
- Board member education providing "Bond Finance
101" and beyond education sessions, and
- Ongoing market condition reporting.